CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Something Borrowed

My SIL who is a 5th grade teacher (God bless her soul) gave me this gift idea for my daughter's teacher.  I purchased a water bottle, a cute little ice tray, and some drink mix.  I wrapped it up in cellophane and tied it with some rick rack. It looked really cute.  You're just going to have to take my word for it though because I don't have a photo of the finished product.  My camera is a piece of poo remember?  Want to know a little secret?  Cellophane makes a simple, plain, ordinary gift look fab!  Try it!


We attached a cute note that said:
"Thank you for "QUENCHING" Kam's "THIRST" for knowledge!
Isn't that adorable?  Thanks SIL for the great idea!

I know that school is over but the gift idea itself would be really cute to give someone this summer.
You could say:
Stay cute and "COOL!"  Have a great summer!  Save some guys for me! 
(Okay...so maybe leave off the "save some guys for me" part.  I was just having flashbacks of when I signed yearbooks in junior high and high school.)
Or better yet...if your sayings are as lame as mine just give the gift wrapped adorably in cellophane.

This is another idea along the same lines that we gave our kids birth mom's last year for Mother's Day!  

I started with a container of Great Value drink mix equivalent to Crystal Light.  (I promise this is one time that the no name is as good as the name brand.)
 

I wrapped it in some cute scrapbook paper, put it in a cute bucket with an ice tray and a sparkly butterfly pick.  I also threw in some chocolates that you can't see.


Wrapped it up in the magical cellophane, tied it with a ribbon, and it's ready to be gifted!  See how cute the cellophane made it?
(This one was put in a basket instead of a bucket.)


Enjoy your summer!  And remember...You are totally rad and 2 Cute 2 B 4 Gotten! 

No comments: