I just wanted to share a few funny stories from my weekend.
For me the weekends start on Thursday. Thursdays are my husband's Fridays. (He works odd hours.) They end on Sunday for him but go until Monday for me. Lucky me! Poor hubby!
Last Thursday while in the shower my 3 year old came in the bathroom for something, left and closed the door behind him. No big deal right? WRONG! Ya see, our bathroom door has one of those child proof door knob covers on it. The kind that are suppose to keep little boys out that play in the toilet. The kind that worked perfectly when the little boy was say, 2 and not potty trained. The kind that the now 3 year old potty trained little boy has yet to figure out how to open. I suddenly heard him pounding on the door shouting frantically at me to open it. I started pounding on the wall for the 7 year old to come to the rescue. She did. It was too late. He came in and said he had pooped on the rug! Dang! That child proof item backfired on me! I felt really bad for him at that moment. I felt worse when I realized the so called rug was the carpet.
This is the same little boy who walked into the hitch on our SUV and while giving it a disgusted look I heard him say, "Stupid trucker!" (I'm just glad he didn't replace the T and the R for another consonant. He did that once when he was trying to rhyme. He didn't know it was a bad word. We had to have a little talk about different words that rhyme with the word duck.)
On Friday I ran some errands kid free. I grabbed a DC, pumped up the jam, and headed on my way. I made a few stops and then headed to my tax man's place to drop off some tax information. (We still have to jump through hoops with our taxes because of our adoptions. As if we didn't jump through enough when we adopted the children in the first place. I will say though that I would jump through 500 hoops and a ring of fire if it meant having my 2 little beauties. They are worth it! As long s they aren't leaving turds on the rug!) I got to the our tax man's office and realized I had grabbed the wrong folder. I drove home and grabbed the right one and headed back. I got to tax man's office again and was missing 2010 tax info. Honestly! I drove home AGAIN and couldn't find the 2010 info. I called tax man to make sure that it really wasn't there. It wasn't. I finally found it in a heap of papers that belonged to the hubs. I headed back to tax man's office for the third time! I guess the excitement of being kid free took over my brain and it no longer functioned properly.
Sunday we celebrated Father's Day. I made the hubs a cute little treat that said "World's #1 Dad!" Kam thought it meant, "World's 1st Dad!" Cute but that would be wrong!
As we were leaving to head to dinner at my folks the hubs asked me if he looked stupid in his t-shirt and warm-up/lounge pants. I said no. He really didn't. Kam started laughing and said, "Uh ya. But maybe no one will notice." He then realized he needed to get back in the house and asked me for the keys to unlock the door. Kam's reply, "Why? Are you going to go in and change your awkward pants?" She's 7 and already embarrassed! This is the same girl who on that same day told me, "Now that you keep the house clean I can't find anything!" Never a dull moment!
Last night we had a going away party for my BIL. He's the one headed off to West Point Military Academy. We are so proud of him but we will miss him! When I started dating the hubs he was only 2. He's grown up before my eyes. I'm sad to see him go but I'm also very proud! I drove home with a lump in my throat! Kam's biggest concern is that he will get shot now that he has joined the Army. I can't seem to help her understand that for now he is just going to school.
Tomorrow the hubs and I are going on an all day date to Lagoon to celebrate our 13 year wedding anniversary. It's what fun is! It's the one and only amusement park here in Utah. The one where you dream of going with your boyfriend and holding hands and making out on the rides. The one where you hope your boyfriend wins you the biggest stuffed gorilla known to man. It ain't no Caribbean Cruise but it will do! Did I mention we won't have the children? Holla! Can't wait! I'm not as young as I once was so I'm not so sure how I will do on all the roller coasters. We may be riding the Ferris wheel and bumper cars a lot!
Have a Fab weekend my friends!
Have a Fab weekend my friends!
1 comment:
Saw the link to your blog on fb- it was fun to read what you've been up to! We went to Lagoon last month and had a blast. It sounds much funner kid free. Have fun!!!
Post a Comment